Home Improvement Incentive Rebate Program
Great homes make great neighborhoods and the City of Garland wants to help Garland homeowners make improvements to the exterior of their homes.
Who is it for?
To be eligible for this program, applicants and homes must meet the following criteria:
- Single family house within Garland city limits
- The total appraised value of the property according to DCAD cannot exceed $175,000
- The dwelling must be at least 30 years old
- The dwelling cannot be a mobile home, duplex, or townhome
- If dwelling is a rental property, the owner must be registered with Code Compliance as an active participant in the Landlord Certification Training program
- Applicant must be current on all payments for property taxes and utilities
- No work prior to application approval will be considered
What does it do?
In an effort to stimulate reinvestment and increase the competitive draw of Garland neighborhoods, the City of Garland is offering a 50% cash rebate (up to $10,000) on approved exterior remodeling of single family detached homes. All applications must be approved PRIOR to any work being started and the minimum investment to be considered for this program is $2,000.
How does it work?
Step 1: Carefully review the Home Improvement Incentive Policy (PDF) to see if your projects qualify and what conditions apply*.
*Please note, work may not begin until the incentive application has been approved.
Step 2: Submit your applications along with supporting documents to the Office of Neighborhood Vitality.
Step 3: If approved begin work, provided all the required steps have been taken, i.e. permits secured, before pictures have been taken, inspections have been completed etc. Refer to the Home Improvement Incentive Policy (PDF) for more details.
Step 4: Submit necessary documentation for rebate, i.e. receipts, proof of permits, after pictures, City inspections, etc. Refer to the Home Improvement Incentive Policy (PDF) for more details.
Additional conditions and requirements apply. Please read the Home Improvement Incentive Policy (PDF) thoroughly. For questions or assistance, please contact the Office of Neighborhood Vitality at Neighborhoods@GarlandTX.gov or 972-205-2445.