• Email
  • Print

Special Events

Civic organizations, community groups and non-profit organizations wishing to host events in the city should complete a Temporary Activity/Commerical Amusement Permit.  A Temporary Activity/Commercial Amusement permit is required for most temporary events in the City of Garland.  Any activity involving the use of public property, closing or blocking of a street, sale of food or merchandise, or use of a tent, stage, portable building, grandstand or amplified sound will require a permit. Temporary Activity/Commerical Amusement permits should be returned to the Building Inspection Department. Call 972-205-2300 for assistance and additional information. 

Qualified non-profit organizations may be eligible to receive assistance from the City of Garland in coordinating city services for events held on city property by contacting the Special Events Coordinator Robert Searle in the Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Arts Department.  A Non-Profit Assistance Application must be filled out and returned to Robert Searle no later than 45 days before your scheduled event. Instructions on how to complete the application can be found by clicking here.

Energy for Life Walk