Senior & Social Services
The City of Garland Senior Services is committed to providing leisure, social, and human service opportunities. Adults 55 and over can participate in a variety of educational, social, and physical activity programs in a friendly and comfortable environment. Programs are designed to promote and foster healthy independent living, to enhance the quality of life, and to build a sense of belonging and community among older adults.
Housing and Neighborhood Services offers numerous programs designed to assist homeowners with home repair. These include:
- Emergency repair grants
- First-time homebuyer assistance
- Forgivable low-cost home repair loans for income-qualifying residents
- Single-Family Rehabilitation Program
Additional Housing Resources
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing have several agency listings that provide housing services to those who can demonstrate need.
- Visit Housing and Community Services for more information on these and other resources devoted to home repair.
- Qualifying residents may be eligible for voluntary assistance in maintaining their property through the Code Cares program.
Housing Protection Services
The Garland Fair Housing Office strives to ensure renters and potential homeowners have fair and equal housing opportunities and access and emphasize the rich cultural diversity of our residents. To learn more about your Garland Fair Housing rights, please visit Garland Fair Housing.