- Departments R - Z
- Hinton Landfill
- Visiting The Landfill
Visiting The Landfill
- Scavenging is prohibited.
- Residents must show a valid driver’s license and current utility bill as proof of residency.
- Users of the landfill are admitted under the direction of the attendant on duty
- Incoming loads will be inspected on a random basis.
- Attendant on duty will determine prohibited articles.
- No smoking allowed in the landfill facility.
- Children under the age of 12 must remain inside the vehicle.
- Vehicles hauling waste to these sites must be enclosed or be covered with a tarpaulin, net, or other means to properly secure the load in order to prevent trash from blowing or falling from the vehicle. Improperly secured loads will assess a $20 surcharge. Find out more information on tarping requirements (PDF).
- Only brick and masonry goods that are 100% clean and free of trash will be accepted free of charge at the landfill. Customers hauling all other loads of brick, concrete, and masonry goods will be charged per load.
For more information regarding these rules, contact the Hinton Landfill Scale House at 972-205-3670.
The Hinton Landfill has different hours of operation during the week and weekends. Always allow yourself enough time to unload before the landfill closes.
Use of Scales
• Residential and commercial customers may utilize both inbound scales.
• All residents, commercial customers, and visitors must check in with scale attendant.
• One vehicle on the scale at a time.
• Commercial customers and non-Garland residents must provide license plate number to scale attendant.
• All loads must be tarped to avoid a $20 surcharge.
• When paying by check - one check per load is required.
• Payments over the phone are not accepted.
• Every customer is required to provide payment at the time of dumping.
• No cellphone use on landfill property.
• The speed limit on landfill property is 20 mph.
• A greater reduction of speed is in effect when approaching the scale and leaving the landfill for safety and protection of scale.
• During inclement weather, please call 972-205-3670 as restrictions may apply.